Unapproved MEETING MINUTES
August 17, 2016
The Meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm.
Followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Board Members Present:Supervisor Krchmar, Clerk Borgula, Treasurer Gruber, Trustee McGlashen and Trustee Scarbrough.
- Guest:Ken Lind, Cara Uber, Edward Uber, Tammy and Mike Galloway, Larry Clever, Dale Majewski and Mike Trzcienski
- Guest Speakers: Dale Majewski – Clare County Commissioner
The Commissioners are working on balancing the budget. Dale was told Friday by the Administrator it was close to balancing.Dale said the MSU Extension-4H and Parks and Recreations are the ones being considered cut from the budget, he explained that even if they were unable to continue with the 4H it would not affect the Harrison County Fair.
· Cara Uber – Transfer Station:
Cara stated the new dump cards have been working well for Robert her husband.
They’re having a problem with a resident refusing to show their card or license and acting inappropriate. The board instructed Cara to give the name of the person to Supervisor Krchmar and he will contact the person.
- Approval of Meeting Minutes:
- A motion was made by Treasurer Gruber/Trustee Scarborough to accept July 20, 2016 meeting minutes as printed. – Motion carried.
- Treasurer’s Report:
- Payment of taxes has slowed down / no one has used the credit card system yet,
- she anticipate more payments being made by credit card in mid- September.
- Clerk’s Update:
Elections went smooth – 76 voters.
- Having issues with Waste Management regarding Roll off billings. They started billing every 2 weeks and adding late charges. Clerk Borgula has been working with them to settle these issues. As of Monday all over charges and late fees have been resolved for the current billing period.
- Sheriff’s Incidents: 57
- Harrison Fire Department 7 runs
Insurance: Larry Clever from Burnham and Flower gave his presentation on a new insurance policy. His proposal came in about $1,200 lower than Ken Lind from EMC.
After a lengthy discussion with Larry Clever and a few discrepancies in the policy. A motion was made by Trustee McGlashen to go into closed session.
Roll call vote revealed
Yeas: (5) Supervisor Krchmar, Clerk Borgula, Treasurer Gruber, Trustee Scarbrough and Trustee McGlashen. (0) nays -motion carried
Close Section began at 8:32 p.m.
Board reconvened at 8:38 p.m. Theboard concluded they’ll need to hold a workshop and compare policies at a later date. It was Larry Clever’s opinion you can’t compare the two polices. Larry felt he couldn’t trust the board or was comfortable enough to hand over a generic policy. The only option was to have two board members email questions to Larry, once questions have been answered the Supervisor will schedule a workshop.
Activities – Deputy Clerk Galloway stated that she met with the prior Actives director.
Sandy Mann gave Tammy the ledger book and money that has been donated to activates in the past. Tammy would like to schedule a meeting to try and get interested parties together and start planning events.
Tire Recycling report: Redding recycled the most tires, do to John Pruden cleaning up all the tossed tires in the area – Thank You
Dump Cards: Seem to working well for Robert. Treasurer Gruber did state that she is getting several calls still from residents saying they never received their dump card; she explained they were sent out with tax bills. The board decided that if a property owner claims they did not receive one they can get in touch with Clerk Borgula/Treasure Gruber or Trustee Scarbrough they must come in person with their ID.
Cemetery Clean up: Professional Grade (Tony Zenlinski) was hired to clean up the Cemetery debris of plastic flowers, wood crosses and leaves. Supervisor Krchmar told Professional Grade not to remove the dirt/sand that was placed from digging graves. Clerk Borgula notified the Board that the job had only been partially completed. It was the Supervisor’s opinion after inspecting the site it wasn’t satisfactory. Supervisor Krchmar will contact Tony Zenlinski at Professional Grade. It was decided not to pay for the services until it’s been resolved.
· New Business:
Township Audit Oct. 3rd: Clerk Borgula gave Treasurer Gruber the checklist.
Propane Contract: HD and Henitz came in at the same price at 1.159 a gallon for the 2016/2017 heating season. A motion was made by Clerk Borgula/Trustee McGlashen to stay with HD Propane- motion carried.
Township Hall Parking Lot: Supervisor Krchmar stated that he had called the Road Commission and what was done in the parking lot was all they were doing as far as sealing it. Supervisor Krchmar did have bids for the sealing of the parking lot:
· Professional Grade : $7000.00
· I-Deal Seal Coating: $2998.00
· Malloy Seal Coating (this bid was from a year ago, a call was placed but no return call) : $2342.00
A Motion was made by Treasurer Gruber/Trustee Scarbrough to accept I-Deal Seal coating’s bid-Motion carried. Supervisor Krchmar will contact I-Deal Seal Coat to have it scheduled.
· Public Comment:
· Approval of Bills:
A motion was made by Clerk Borgula / Treasurer Gruber to approve Check #2988 – 2988 and payroll withholding of $486.26 in the amount of $7,717.16 – Motion carried. Checks #2973-2989 will be used in September to pay bills.
Motion to adjourn:
A motion was made by Clerk Borgula/ Trustee McGlashen to adjourn at 9:32 pm- Motion carried
T.Galloway / M.Borgula