Redding Township Meeting Unapproved Minutes
February 19, 2014
The meeting was called to order at 7:03PM followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.
Guests: DaleMajewski, Carolyn & Linn Pruden, Dave Gruber, Mary Borgula, Sgt. Steve Humphrey
Board Members Present: Treasurer Gruber, Supervisor Krchmar, Clerk McBurney, Trustee Ashbaugh, Absent – Trustee Mann
Dale Majewski County Commissioner District #1 spoke on the following topics:
· Update on Senate Bill 719 would amend the Brownfield Redevelopment Loan Program. It would allow the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) to alter the terms of a Brownfield loan. This would include: length of loan; interest rate; repayment terms. Under the bill, the loan could only be altered if requested by the loan recipient and proof of financial hardship related to the financed project. Senate passed this bill unanimously. House has to vote on it next.
· City of Harrison has been approved for a DIG (Downtown Infrastructure Grant) for downtown. The MEDC will formally announce the approval of the grant and present a check at a ceremony in Harrison at city hall on February 28th from 10:00am – 10:30am. The project will assist with traffic calming and streetscaping in the downtown part of Harrison.
· Governor Snyder recommends full funding for County Revenue Sharing in Fiscal Year 2015. Total of $211,134,899.00. Eleven more counties are scheduled to come back into the formula at full funding levels. Approval will be needed. Clare County could receive the following: 2014 – $515,942 2015 – $645,334 (Increase of $129,392).
Motion to accept 01-15-2014 minutes made by Trustee Ashbaugh and supported by Treasurer Gruber. Board members in favor: Trustee Ashbaugh, Treasurer Gruber, Clerk McBurney. Motion carried.
Sheriff’s Department – Sgt. Steve Humphrey – Guest speaker
Sgt. Steve Humphrey updated the board on his work schedule in our area. He works Wednesday thru Friday from 6:00pm until 6:00am. He has twenty six years of law enforcement experience. He is married with three kids. He’s been with the Clare Sheriff’s Department for five years. Residents can contact him with any questions.
Treasurer’s report was reviewed.
BS&A software reported that fifty seven inquiries were made to the property tax website. Twenty three people have paid by credit card.
Taxes paid after February 14th has a three percent penalty. The guideline is any penalty greater than $5.00 should be collected as part of the tax. The Township has been collecting the penalties for the last two years. The issue was brought up to the board because Equalization did not put on the top half of the tax bill that a three percent penalty is charged after February 14, 2014. The board suggested to follow the guidelines that the Clare County Treasurer follows.
· Sheriff Incident Report was presented.
· Fire Department Report was presented.
· A new disposal well of thirty nine hundred feet will be dug near Cook Road.
· Saginaw Conservation District will offer a workshop on timber and taxes on February 21, 2014. The purpose of the workshop is to cover state and federal guidelines on income from timber harvesting.
· Clare County Senior Services Annual Report – The amount of volunteer hours in this program is very impressive. Total expenses for 2013 are $891,983.00.
Activities – None
· Electrician Overview of Hall Lighting – TBD Springtime
· Front Door Latch – Supervisor Krchmar will repair during Board of Reviews
·BOR status – Everything is scheduled and ready for the review process. Monday’s lunch on March 10th will be provided by Mary Borgula. Tuesday’s dinner on March 11th will be provided by Clerk McBurney.
1.) Budget workshop for fiscal year July 1, 2014 – June 30th 2015 is scheduled for April 14th at 5:00pm..
2.) City of Harrison didn’t receive a copy of the fire vehicle agreement with our yearly payment. Clerk McBurney will deliver one to them.
3.) Clerk McBurney will take a Leave of Absence for health reasons. Deputy Clerk Mary Borgula will be ‘ACTING’ clerk until further notice.
4.) Commercial Vehicles over ten thousand pounds cannot park in Township Hall parking lot because of weight issues on a blacktop surface. Supervisor Krchmar will get price bids on signs to post on the lot.
1.) Dave Gruber reported that the request to pave or blacktop Cook Road has been filed with the Road Commission.
2.) Linn Pruden needs the recycling schedule for drop-offs and pickups from Waste Management. Clerk McBurney has requested this document from Waste Management two times. He will contact them again.
3.) Carolyn Pruden notified the Board that a lady who was cremated will be buried in Fernwood this spring. It appears that her remains would be buried in one of the Thompson graves. A request and paperwork from her family would be needed.
Checks (2312 – 2323, 9998(taxes) in the amount of 4,241.85.
Motion made by Treasurer Gruber and second by Trustee Ashbaugh. Board members in favor: Trustee Ashbaugh, Treasurer Gruber and Clerk McBurney. Motion carried.
Motion to adjourn made by Treasurer Gruber and supported by Trustee Ashbaugh at 8:35pm. Board members in favor: Trustee Ashbaugh, Treasurer Gruber and Clerk McBurney. Motion carried.