Redding Township Meeting Unapproved Minutes
November 20, 2013
The meeting was called to order at 7:02PM followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.
Guests: Dale Majewski, Carolyn & Linn Pruden, Dave Gruber, Janie McGhee, Caroline Thomas
Board Members Present: Treasurer Gruber, Supervisor Krchmar, Clerk McBurney, Trustee Mann, Trustee Ashbaugh
Dale Majewski County Commissioner District #1 spoke on the following topics:
* MMR is offering a CPR Training (non-certified) at Jay’s Sporting Goods on December 14, 2013 at 9am, 10:30am and 12:00pm for one hour. Call (989) 907-2086 to register.
* EMCOG (Eastern Michigan Council of Governments) has published a Local Fresh Food Guide showing names and places to buy fresh local food.
* Bay Region has issued maps for recreation trails and hiking in our area of the State.
* Courthouse Security – An idea to increase county building security was presented to the Commissioners. Judges, sheriff and administration were in favor. The commissioners disagreed at this time. The issue will be revisited in the near future.
Motion to accept10-16-2013 minutes made by Treasurer Gruber and supported by Trustee Mann. Board members in favor: Trustee Mann, Treasurer Gruber, Clerk McBurney and Trustee Ashbaugh. Motion carried.
No one attended the meeting.
Treasurer’s report was reviewed.
* Sheriff Incident Report – none
* Fire Department Report was reviewed.
* State of Michigan – Licensing & Regulatory Affairs has issued a procedure for filing formal complaints against your video/cable provider. The contact information will be placed on our website for filing complaints.
* Department of Environmental Quality – Changed to flood plain and flood insurance. Supervisor Krchmar will review the document and report at the next board meeting.
Activities – Pot Luck dinners are successful. The last pot luck dinner of the year will be held on December 14, 2013 at 1:00pm. This will be a Christmas dinner. Pot lucks will resume in April, 2014.
Collection of Can Goods was completed and nine families were given food basket and a twenty-five dollar gift certificate to be used for meat at Steve’s Market or Family Fare.
November 16, 2013 a bake sale was held at the Hall and made one hundred dollars.
The Thanksgiving pot luck dinner was held on November 16, 2013. Entertainment by men and women present was provided. It consisted of guitar playing, singing, dancing and people dressing up in funny outfits and skits. Also, some instruments used were spoons and washboards.
* Cemetery – Sign poles need to be fixed. New 2’’ x 10’’ boards that are ten feet long were acquired for burials in the cemetery. The cost was forty-two dollars. Lettering of sign was completed..
* Snow Plowing Contract – Snow plowing contract was awarded to Temple Lawn Care for twelve hundred dollars for 2013 – 2014 season, covering months November 1 – May 30th. The Board decided to accept this if the twelve hundred dollars covers clearing snow for hall events (extras). It does.
* Electricity for transfer station. COMPLETED.
* Spartan Stores – Sales and Use Tax Certificate – Sandy Mann will complete.
* Michigan Public Policy Survey – COMPLETED
* MOU – Jerry Becker didn’t show so no questions could be answered. The contract/agreement still needs changes. This is tabled until further notice.
1.) Check re-ordering of one thousand checks was completed and received. COMPLETE
2.) Sam’s Club Membership – This was completed and membership card acquired. Also, sales tax waiver form was completed and mailed to Sam’s club.
3.) New light bulbs were needed for the front of the hall. Four new 7 watt CFL bulbs were purchased by Clerk McBurney. The cost was $1.97. Two of the bulbs blew out when installed into the overhead lights. A decision was made to have an electrician come out and evaluate our outside lighting in general.
4.) Board of Review – Approval was needed to hold a meeting on December 11, 2013 at 5:00pm. Motion to hold the meeting by Treasurer Gruber and supported by Trustee Ashbaugh. Board members in favor: Trustee Mann, Trustee Ashbaugh. Clerk McBurney and Treasurer Gruber. Motion carried.
5.)Treasurer – Winter Tax Bills
The following approvals were requested: 1.) Purchase seven rolls of stamps $329.00; 2.) Letter (content) sent out with tax bills; 3.) Printing of letters ($45.75 for 600 copies); 4.) Purchase toner cartridge (Canon L120) $90.00; 5,) Purchase two cases of computer paper ($38.00). Total cost of $510.00. Motion to approve the five requests by Trustee Mann and supported by Trustee Ashbaugh. Board members in favor: Trustee Mann, Trustee Ashbaugh, Treasurer Gruber, Clerk McBurney.
Motion to approve bills 2248 – 2266, 9998(taxes) in the amount of $8,211.14. – Motion made by Treasurer Gruber second by Trustee Ashbaugh. Board members in favor: Trustee Mann, Treasurer Gruber, Trustee Ashbaugh and Clerk McBurney. Motion carried.
Motion to adjourn made by Treasurer Gruber and supported by Trustee Ashbaugh at 9:01pm. Board members in favor: Trustee Mann, Treasurer Gruber, Trustee Ashbaugh and Clerk McBurney. Motion carried.