Redding Township Meeting Unapproved Minutes
February 20, 2013
The meeting was called to order at 7:00PM followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.
Guests: DaleMajewski, Dave Gruber, Linn and Carolyn Pruden, Marylou Gonyea, Cathy Taylor, Bonnie & Dale Pierce, Richard Warner
Board Members Present: Treasurer Gruber, Supervisor Krchmar, Clerk McBurney, Trustee Ashbaugh (Trustee Mann – absent)
Motion to accept the agenda by Treasurer Gruber. Supported by Clerk McBurney. Board members in favor: Trustee Ashbaugh, Treasurer Gruber, and Clerk McBurney. Motion carried.
Motion to accept 01-16-13 minutes made by Treasurer Gruber and supported by Clerk McBurney. Board members in favor: Trustee Ashbaugh, Treasurer Gruber, and Clerk McBurney. Motion carried.
Dale Majewski County Commissioner District #1 spoke on the following topics: Gypsy Moth survey revealed that the egg mass count was low enough that spraying is not needed for 2013.
South Tower relocation is under review by Clare County EMD – several plans in place to accomplish this: 1..MDOT grant for new tower; 2. Letter sent to TransCanada for use of one of their existing ‘300’ towers; 3. TranCanada Grant option ($40,000 grant applied for).
Redding Township Narrow Banding upgrade of the Weather Warning Siren – upgrade donated by COPS & DONUTS of Clare. Jay’s donated Backup Batteries.
Consumers Energy has a new utility outage website to both view and report outages. www.consumersenergy.com/outagemap
Clare County has a weather hotline to check and see if the county building is closed due to weather: (989) 539-5961. Check before you go there.
Senior services still need drivers to deliver meals. It is a volunteer position but you are reimbursed 56.5 cents/mile. Call Senior Services at (989) 539-8870.
Treasurer’s report was reviewed.
· Fire department incident report read.
· Sheriff Incident Report was not received.
· Communication received from Wilcox Professional Services, located in Cadillac. Ms. Connie Hauk (engineer) listed several tasks concerning bridge construction for the campground. The tasks needed are numerous and expensive. Several options need to be explored. Sandy Mann will look into this campground/bridge proposal.
No reports for this meeting.
1. Outside lighting for the hall will start with new high efficiency light bulbs. New furnace filters also need to be purchased.
2. An electrician sent the Township a guesstimate for future lighting improvements. The amount is approximately $1500. This will be considered in next year’s budget.
3. The fire extinguishers for the hall and transfer station were recharged.
· 1.) Motion to buy furnace filters and new light bulbs by Clerk McBurney and second by Treasurer Gruber. They will be purchased from DO_IT Center – Harrison, MI. Board members in favor Trustee Ashbaugh, Treasurer Gruber, Clerk McBurney. Motion carried.
· 2.) New sign(s) for special meetings/events is needed. Dave Gruber will examine the feasibility of size, materials and labor.
· .3.) Board of Review schedule needs to be communicated in local paper and bulletin board.
· 4.) Motion to put BOR schedule in Clare cleaver by Clerk McBurney , second by Treasurer Gruber. Board members in favor, Trustee Ashbaugh, Treasurer Gruber. Clerk McBurney. Motion carried.
· 5.) Motion to accept Dale Pierce as BOR member by Trustee Ashbaugh, second by Clerk McBurney. Board members in favor Trustee Ashbaugh, Treasurer Gruber, Clerk McBurney. Motion carried.
· 6.) Motion to send Clerk McBurney to Clerk Certification class for two days. One night in hotel with a maximum of $100 for a room, by Treasurer Gruber, second by Trustee Ashbaugh. Board members in favor Trustee Ashbaugh,
· Treasurer Gruber, Clerk McBurney. Motion carried. The two day class is in Bay City, MI.
· 7.) Motion to create contracts that will automatically renew yearly by Treasurer Gruber, second by Clerk McBurney. Board members in favor Trustee Ashbaugh,
· Treasurer Gruber, Clerk McBurney. Motion carried. A review of current/new contracts will be done in March 2013.
· 8.) Motion to adopt a poverty resolution, in relation to paying property taxes, for the year 2013, by Clerk McBurney, second by Trustee Ashbaugh. Board members in favor Treasurer Gruber, Trustee Ashbaugh, Clerk McBurney. Motion carried.
· 9.) Budget Meeting was deferred to March 20,2013.
· 10.) Motion to hire Dave Dreyer to write letter for complete withdrawal from the Unites Rescue Ambulance Authority. URAA is very close to going out of business. Redding Township wants to sever any ties with URAA immediately. A dollar amount of $150 was allocated for this, by Clerk McBurney, second by Trustee Ashbaugh. Board members in favor Treasurer Gruber, Trustee Ashbaugh, Clerk McBurney. Motion carried.
· Flags for the Township hall and cemetery are needed. Trustee Ashbaugh will contact the American Legion for cost and availability.
· Motion to accept the IRS reimbursement guideline of 56.5 cents per mile, by Clerk McBurney, second by Treasurer Gruber. Board members in favor Treasurer Gruber, Trustee Ashbaugh, Clerk McBurney. Motion carried.
· Township website is not functioning. Developer has to be notified of problem. Clerk McBurney will find out what the problem is.
· The Township has no internet access from the hall. Clerk McBurney will look into options and ISP’s. Cost and how much usage has to be determined.
· The Township office needs to purchase three to four ink cartridges for our printers. Clerk McBurney will get prices from supply companies.
Motion to approve bills 2066-2088 in the amount of $17,108,33 made by Treasurer Gruber, second by Trustee Ashbaugh. Check numbers (2073 – 2078) were voided because of an ink problem. Board members in favor: Trustee Ashbaugh, Treasurer Gruber, and Clerk McBurney. Motion carried.
Public comment was made.
1.) Linn Pruden needs more green ID cards for transfer station.
2.) Three complaints for people getting stuck on the ice at transfer station
3.) Township should create a ‘Thank You’ note to Cops & Donuts and Jay’s.
Web sight, flags, printer cartridges, green dump cards, sign for special meetings, thank you note.
Motion to adjourn made by Clerk McBurney and supported by Trustee Ashbaugh at 8:59PM